It is a question, which most women with straight hair must ask themselves at some point in their lives. Straight and silky hair is always the envy of curly-haired girls, but the truth is that every woman has what she wants – even if it’s not visible yet.
If you want to achieve curls permanently – this article will help you.
- The first thing to remember is that the use of curling irons, straighteners, and other artificial means can lead to irreparable loss of curls. This method gives quick results because you’ll have curly hair for a short time – but this effect will soon go away after some time. That’s why it’s so important not to use these means in vain and permanently achieve curls.
- If you want your hair to remain curly, there is only one way: the natural treatment of the hair with folk remedies and homemade masks. There are many ways to return the original form of your locks using various recipes, but not every method suits everyone’s hair. Therefore, you should choose the simplest way that suits your hair type.
- The easiest and most accessible folk remedy for curly hair is mayonnaise. It can be used to treat dry, damaged, and straight locks – so if you have any of these types of hair, don’t even think about wasting time. You can use mayonnaise as a deep conditioning mask – it can be applied to wet or dry hair.
Table of Contents
Hair Mask for curly hair
- Before applying the mixture to your head, you should thoroughly mix olive oil and egg yolk to create a paste-like consistency.
- Then gently rub this mixture into the roots of your damp hair and leave for a few hours – at least 30 minutes, but not more than three hours.
- After that, rinse the hair with cold water and then wash with shampoo to return the pH balance of your hair to normal conditions.
- If you want, you can apply a light conditioner after washing to moisturize your curls. Do not use hot water for rinsing because it will destroy the effect of mayonnaise.
Another great way to get curly hair is by using natural honey
It is even more effective if you mix it with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. The mixture of these ingredients can be left on your hair throughout the whole day – but after the first use of this method, you’ll have to keep applying these mixtures every night before going to bed.
If you want to have beautiful curls, this method will work great for you – even if you go to sleep with wet hair. After applying the mixture on your locks, just put on a shower cap and leave it overnight. The next day the paste should be washed off with shampoo.
The ingredients of honey, lemon, and vinegar, which you can buy from any supermarket, will restore the natural pH of your hair and make it healthy and shiny.
There are also a few recipes for homemade masks that can bring your locks to their original form – even if they’re damaged.
Another effective mask recipe:
- one egg yolk (for normal hair)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and apply this mixture to dry hair.
- Then distribute it evenly throughout your locks, starting from roots to tips – use a comb for that if you have long hair.
- And remember: don’t wash the mask off with hot water! You should rinse your hair with cold or lukewarm water and then wash your hair with shampoo.
- Of course, you can also use a conditioner to moisturize your curls if they’re dry.
Can you make your hair curly permanently?
Of course, but only if you use these types of masks. It would help if you also remembered always to protect your hair from the heat because it can destroy your curls over time – and that means you’ll have to stay away from curling irons, straighteners, and everything that uses high temperatures.
To achieve naturally curly locks, you should choose a heat-protectant spray that will moisturize and protect your hair from the negative effects of heat.
How do I get my hair to be naturally curly?
After your hair is washed and dried, you can put on a shower cap or wrap it with cling film to make the curls stay in place.
If you want your curls to be more defined, add some sea salt spray around your roots before applying everything else. And remember: when using any of these mixtures, your curls will not be soft and smooth.
You can always use a serum to make your curls more defined, but the most natural way is using a cream. If you want to achieve this look, then use hair mousse or styling cream instead of hair spray – it’s much healthier for your hair!
DIY: 10-minute mask for curly hair
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– 3 eggs, yolk, and white separated
– 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
– 1/4 cup of mayonnaise;
– 2 tablespoons of lemon juice;
– 4 teaspoons of olive oil;
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and apply to dry hair.
- After that, rinse your locks with cold water and then wash them with shampoo.
- Apply a conditioner after washing if you wish!
- If you want to make curls stick to your hair, the best way is by using this very simple recipe.
- You should mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 5 cups of water and rinse your hair with it after washing (you can also apply it on dry hair).
- You don’t need any additional products because the smell will disappear once your hair is dried.
- To make your curls look healthy and shiny, you should apply a mixture of one egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice on your locks after washing them with shampoo.
- Place cling-film over your head or put on a shower cap before sleeping to let this mixture work overnight.
– Remember not to wash your hair too often – only every other day. Use cold water to rinse it, and then apply a homemade mask or heat-protecting spray. After that, always dry your locks with a towel because rubbing them will cause frizziness;
– Try different types of mixtures made from natural ingredients to achieve different results;
– If you want your hair to look natural and healthy, then don’t use any additional products. Just make sure you use heat-protecting spray before using a flat iron or curling irons. -If you want to wear your hair naturally curly for an important party, then do it at least two weeks beforehand because this hairstyle takes time to “set” properly.