Fenugreek (methi) is one of the very common kitchen spices in almost every dish. Methi seeds and leaves are used in various cuisines such as curry, soup, salad, or just can be eaten raw after boiling it with water and adding salt to taste. It has medicinal values too, and the seed extract is used to reduce blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and can be applied topically on the skin to cure acne, boils, ulcers, etc.
Fenugreek powder (methi powder) is very good for hair growth due to its medicinal values mentioned above. It contains various essential nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and various essential amino acids like Methionine which play a vital role in the healthy growth of hair.
How to use fenugreek powder for hair?
Fenugreek powder can be used directly or can be mixed with other oils. It may leave a strong smell, so it is better to mix it with coconut oil, making it smell mild and preventing hair from becoming sticky.
Here are 18 proven ways to derive the benefits of fenugreek seeds for your hair:
- Mix fenugreek powder with hot oil, let it cool to room temperature before applying it to the scalp. Fenugreek seeds are very small, so it isn’t easy to apply directly. So always soak them in water first and then grind them into a coarse powder before mixing with the oil.
- Another way of using fenugreek for hair growth is by making a hair mask with fenugreek powder, curd, and besan (gram flour). This mask not only enhances hair growth but also prevents dandruff and makes your hair soft and shiny.
- Mix fenugreek powder, yogurt (Dahi), and besan (gram flour). Apply on the scalp and wash it off after an hour. Add more curd if you want it to be creamy, or add some water if you want to dilute it. You can also use a fenugreek honey mask, which is very effective for fine or thin hair.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey, ½ tbsp of powdered fenugreek, and 2 tablespoons of water to make a paste. Apply on scalp and wash off after 15 minutes with shampoo and cold water. Fenugreek powder can also be mixed with coconut oil, olive oil, or sesame seed oil. Beware of the smell before applying a fenugreek oil mask on hair as it is pungent and can leave a very strong smell after application.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fenugreek powder, 2-3 drops of lemon juice, and ¼ tbsp of honey. Add water if you want to dilute it. Apply on scalp and wash off after 15 minutes. Fenugreek powder mask is best known to make hair long, thick, and shiny as it contains some vital nutrients necessary for the growth of healthy hair.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds powder, 2 teaspoons of yogurt (Dahi), and 1 teaspoon of besan (gram flour). Apply on scalp and wash off after 15 minutes. Here is a simple mask using fenugreek powder, curd, and honey to make your hair long, strong and shiny.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of juice extracted from fenugreek leaves with ½ tbsp of fresh cream or milk. Apply this mask to the scalp and hair length. Rinse off after 30 minutes with shampoo and cold water. Fenugreek powder can also be mixed with onion juice to make hair long, thick, and lustrous.
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of fenugreek powder with an equal amount of curd or plain yogurt (Dahi) to form a thick paste. Add half a teaspoon of onion juice and one tablespoon of lemon juice to this mixture. Apply on scalp and hair length; leave it for an hour before washing off with shampoo and cold water.
- Mix fenugreek powder with milk or milk cream to form a paste. Apply on the head for an hour before washing off with shampoo and cold water. Fenugreek leaves are rich in Vitamin C, which is necessary for the health of hair. It also makes hair long, thick, and shiny.
- Fenugreek leaves mixed with curd or plain yogurt (Dahi) are used as a hair pack to make hair long, lustrous & healthy.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of juice extracted from the fenugreek leaves with ½ tablespoon of fresh cream or milk. Leave it on hair length for 15 minutes before washing off.
- Another way is to soak dry roasted fenugreek seeds overnight in coconut oil and then grind them into a fine paste to make a hair mask. This mask not only makes hair long but also prevents hair loss and premature graying.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in coconut oil for 1 week. Grind them to make a fine paste, apply on the scalp while massaging for 5 minutes before washing off with mild shampoo or herbal wash.
- Fenugreek seeds are also used to provide warmth to the scalp, which helps in blood circulation, essential for hair growth. To get this benefit, you need to mix one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds powder, two tablespoons of water, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this paste on the scalp before shampooing your hair.
- Mix equal parts of fenugreek powder and black pepper powder with water to form a paste. Apply it on the scalp before washing it off with shampoo. It is another way to prevent hair loss and make them lustrous, thick & long.
- Powder 1 tablespoon of roasted fenugreek seeds and add 2 tablespoons of turmeric leaves juice with it. Apply this paste on the scalp and wash off after 15 minutes with shampoo.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of each grated onion and curd along with 1 teaspoon of fenugreek powder to make a paste. Apply on scalp and hair length. Wash off with mild shampoo after 30 minutes. Fenugreek leaves are rich in Vitamin C, which is necessary for the health of hair. It also makes hair long, thick, and shiny when used with curd or plain yogurt (Dahi).
- Mix 1 tablespoon fenugreek powder with an equal amount of mustered milk or milk cream. Leave it on hair length for 15 minutes. Then wash off with shampoo. Fenugreek leaves are rich in Vitamin C, which is necessary for the health of hair. It also makes hair long, thick, and shiny when used with curd or plain yogurt (Dahi).
Fenugreek seeds are rich in protein which is very important for healthy hair growth. Fenugreek leaves also prevent hair loss. It can be used in several ways described above to make your hair long, strong, and shiny.
Well, going by the fact that it has been around for centuries – we should believe it’s not a scam?