Haircare is a major concern for women. Hair problems range from dandruff to dryness, split-ends and even fever blisters on the scalp. Also, today’s hairstyles are quite different from what they used to be decades ago. You can either go short or long these days, but the one thing that remains still the same is the need of taking good care of hair.
This article will talk about neem oil for hair and how one can use it to get healthy hair. Neem oil has several benefits, especially when it comes to skin and hair care. It prevents dandruff, controls scalp infections and, at the same time, improves hair growth.
Read on to know the complete procedure of how to use neem oil for hair.
Caution: Before you use neem oil for hair, you must do a patch test. Apply a few drops all over your arm or hand and wait for 24 hours. If there are no signs of irritation, itching or redness, you can try it directly on the scalp.
Table of Contents
How does neem oil help?
Neem oil for hair has several essential nutrients that help in hair growth and also prevent hair fall. It is very effective when it comes to hair loss and baldness. Applying neem oil regularly will strengthen your hair from the roots, making them healthy and lustrous. Here are the benefits of neem oil for hair:
Prevents hair loss and promotes hair growth. Neem is rich in fatty acids, proteins and vitamin E. These nutrients contribute to the overall health of your scalp and help in preventing thinning of hair or baldness. It also treats dandruff which is a major cause of falling hair.
So, if you are looking for a shampoo that will prevent hair fall and give you healthy, shiny and bouncy hair, look no further than neem oil. Combine it with fenugreek seeds to get better results.
How Can Neem Oil Prevent Hair Loss And Promote Hair Growth For Stronger And Healthier Hair?
Hair fall is a major problem for women. Whether it’s due to stress, unhealthy hair practices such as too much use of hairdryers and straighteners or even heredity, it can cause a lot of distress and discomfort. With the help of neem oil, you can treat this common yet embarrassing problem and, at the same time, improve the overall health of your scalp and hair.
Neem oil has antibacterial properties, which help destroy the bacteria that causes dandruff and fever blisters on the scalp. It has been proven that massaging with neem oil can promote hair growth.
In addition to that, neem oil is rich in fatty acids, proteins and vitamin E, which are important for healthy hair. Protein deficiency is one of the main reasons behind hair fall, but neem oil ensures that you get a sufficient amount of protein every time you massage your scalp with this miraculous oil.
The fatty acids present in the neem provide nutrition to your hair and strengthen the cuticles and improve the overall health of your hair from the roots.
How To Use Neem Oil For Hair Growth?
Neem oil can be used in several ways to promote hair growth and prevent hair fall. Here are a few ways to use neem oil for great results:
- Warm-up a few drops of neem oil and massage it into your scalp for 10 minutes. Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning with your regular shampoo. Mix a few drops of neem oil in your regular shampoo or conditioner. You can also try using a neem oil hair mask, which effectively treats dandruff and prevents hair fall.
- Mix 3-5 teaspoons of neem oil with 3 teaspoons of coconut oil and lavender essential oil. Warm this mixture slightly and apply it to the scalp. Cover it with a shower cap for an hour before washing your hair as usual.
- Combine 1 cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons each of neem oil, fenugreek seeds powder, rosemary essential oil and lemon juice. Apply this mixture to your scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes before washing it off with cool water.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of neem oil, coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil and 5 crushed garlic cloves. Warm this mixture slightly and massage it into your scalp for 15-20 minutes every night before going to bed.
- Combine 5-6 tablespoons of coconut oil with 2 teaspoons each of neem oil and lemon juice. Warm it slightly to melt the coconut oil. Massage this mixture into your scalp for 15 minutes and leave it on overnight or for 30 minutes before washing as usual.
Here are a few methods to use neem oil for hair growth
1. Neem Oil and Olive Oil Hair Mask
Mix 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 3-5 drops of pure neem oil and apply the mixture all over your scalp and leave it on overnight. Shampoo as usual in the morning with a mild herbal shampoo. You could also use coconut oil instead of olive oil.
2. Neem Oil, Onion Juice and Yogurt Hair Mask
Grind 4-5 neem leaves to extract the juice. Mix 1 tablespoon of the neem juice with 1/4 cup each of natural yogurt and onion juice (extracted from 2 onions). Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair and leave it on for 30 minutes before shampooing as usual.
3. Neem Oil, Fenugreek Seeds Powder and Lemon Juice Hair Mask
Mix 1 tablespoon each of neem oil, fenugreek seeds powder, and natural lemon juice. Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair, cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes. Shampoo as usual with a mild herbal shampoo.
4. Neem Oil, Castor Oil and Olive Oil Hair Mask
Mix 3-4 tablespoons of extra virgin castor oil, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of pure neem oil to form the mixture. Apply the mixture all over your scalp and hair, cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse it off thoroughly with shampoo as usual.
5. Neem Oil, Vinegar and Coconut Milk Hair Mask
Mix 2 tablespoons pure neem oil (not diluted) with 1/4 cup of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar and 2 tablespoons coconut milk. Apply the mixture to your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes before shampooing as usual.
6. Neem Oil, Aloe Vera Gel and Jojoba Oil Hair Mask
Mix 1-2 tablespoons pure neem oil with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 1 teaspoon jojoba oil. Apply the mixture all over your scalp and hair, cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on overnight before shampooing as usual in the morning.
7. Neem Oil, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and Egg Hair Mask
Mix 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon pure neem oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 egg white thoroughly. Apply the mixture all over your scalp and hair, cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes before shampooing as usual.
8. Neem Oil, Tea Tree Oil and Coconut Milk Hair Mask
Mix 3-4 drops of pure neem oil with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut milk and 1-2 drops of tea tree oil. Apply the mixture all over your scalp and hair, cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes before shampooing as usual.
9. Neem Oil, Shea Butter and Olive Oil Hair Mask
Mix 1 tablespoon pure neem oil (not diluted) with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin shea butter and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Apply the mixture all over your scalp and hair, cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on overnight before shampooing as usual in the morning.
Can I apply neem oil directly on hair?
You should never apply neem oil directly on hair as it can damage your hair and dry out your scalp. Always mix the neem oil with a carrier such as a coconut or olive oil so that it is easy to spread and easily absorbed by your hair and scalp.
What Are The Precautions?
Although neem oil can be used to improve hair health, there are a few precautions that you should take before using it.
- If you have sensitive skin or suffer from skin allergies, dilute neem oil with lavender essential oil to reduce its inflammatory effects.
- Keep it away from your eyes as the oil can cause great irritation if it comes in contact with your eyes.
- Neem oil should not be ingested and if it gets into your eyes, wash your eyes thoroughly with plain water to get rid of the irritation.
- If you are taking medicines for any other ailment, consult your doctor before adding neem to your beauty routine.
- Don’t use neem oil on children below 4 years of age and pregnant or breastfeeding women.
These precautions are not exhaustive, and there can be other complications that you should be aware of, such as skin allergies. If you know of any such conditions, consult your doctor before using neem oil for hair growth.
At last, it’s time to reveal the amazing benefits of neem oil for hair growth. Surprise your family and friends with your lustrous locks and glowing skin. Have you tried using neem oil for hair growth? Let us know about the results in the comments section below.
Neem Oil is very effective in preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth. Its different properties like antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial help treat scalp infections, which are one of the major causes of hair fall. Using neem oil regularly helps to reduce hair fall & also thicken the hairs.